As I said before, I was online searching for a word and found myself on a question and answer site. Someone had asked a question about how God could possibly be around forever, never beginning and never ending, and the answers that were given were so hopeless and depressing that anyone (who did not know better) reading them would leave feeling like there was nothing to live for. So many people are thankful for their big screen tv's, their latest model of the Smartphone, or their new 2013 car, but folks, the truth is you cannot take any of that with you when you die. It all eventually becomes junk and ends up in a garbage heap outside of town. Where is the hope in all that?
I am here to testify how blessed I am to know that if was not for God:
1. I would not have my salvation, or a hope of a future in heaven with Jesus.
2. I would not be where I am today, with my Godly, wonderful husband of 14 years, and my five wonderful children that God has given me.
3. I would not be at the church we attend, where we have a Godly pastor, and lots of Godly, Christian friends.
4. I would not have three published books that only came about because of answers to prayer.
5. I would not have my God-given talents.
6. I would not have the inner peace I have inside that assures me that God is in control of everything.
7. The list goes on and on and on and on and on...you get the picture. :)
If it were not for God, man would not have a second chance in life, which means a second chance for eternal life. People cannot explain the existence of God so they simply write off what they cannot answer. If they have no scientific reason for something, it gives them an excuse to not think about it anymore. They label it foolish, ignorant, or just plain stupid. They say there is no proof of God, but all they need to do is look around them. God is everywhere. Even in the way their own bodies are able to heal a scratch, carry and deliver a baby, even grow a fingernail is proof there is a great Maker and Designer.
I am so thankful I was born into a Christian home, where I heard the Gospel from the time I was one year old. I am so thankful Jesus died on the cross to save me, and forgave me all my sins. Again, the list goes on for all that I am thankful for.
As we celebrate Thanksgiving this year with our families, let us all have thanksgiving inside our hearts, thanking the One and Only God Who made it possible for us to even be here in the first place.